Monday, January 4, 2010

Bad Dreams

Aidyn has been remembering her dreams lately and has been talking about them in the morning. Her most recent bad dream was about some boys at school who told her to go away and then she cried and it was sad, according to her.

Last night at bedtime she wanted me to know that she was putting a stop to these bad dreams. "I'm not going to have bad dreams because God and Jesus will help me. But not baby Jesus, big Jesus. And He's not in the world, They're inside our bodies and they have fun with our hearts. And our heart doesn't move around on legs, it just sits there like this [makes a heart shape with her hands and places it against her chest]. Right Mama?"

And what could I say but, "Right, Baby. Good night."

1 comment:

C said...

That girl cracks me up! My mom taught me how to realize I was dreaming and either change them or just enjoy them, realizing they're not real -- definitely still use that skill today:)