Saturday, March 27, 2010

Deals

Last night after dinner Aidyn approached her Daddy with a proposition. "Ok, Daddy I have some deals. I have TEN deals. After dinner we could...um...and um...number one wrestle fish*, then number two just wrestle, three get something kind of like a dessert and four play pollies** in the guy castle***. But there's only FOUR deals, not TEN. I have to go get some jambones**** on and when I go up there you can choose a deal. So if I forget one what you said downstairs you will have to remind me."



Translations:
* wrestle fish: this is a game that Aidyn plays with Daddy where he sits on the coffee table and casts an imaginary fishing line. Aidyn is a fish and Daddy reels her in until she gets near the boat then he pulls her out of the water and throws her into the boat (onto the couch). Daddy gets good exercise, Aidyn has a blast, and Mommy is terrified imagining neck fractures.

**pollies: Polly Pockets

***guy castle: All of the Little People toys that Aidyn owns are collectively called "guys." This is the Little People princess castle.

****jambones: Aidyn's word for pajamas, thanks to Mamie

No comments: