Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jessie

Aidyn has such a sweet, tender heart. I should know better than to let her watch sad movies, but who knew it would be Toy Story 2 that sent her over the edge??
Last night Aidyn came sobbing down from her room after bedtime. The crying was a truly heartbreaking sound and I was sure there must be some problem. I asked her to tell me what was wrong and she answered through the tears, "Jessie had someone who loved her and then she didn't." As soon as she said it she began to cry harder and buried her face in my shirt. She cried for a few more minutes while I reassurred her that Daddy and I would ALWAYS love her...I didn't know what else to say!! That seemed to work though and she went peacefully back to bed. But I have been thinking about that moment ever since.

No comments: