Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Think Mommy Did It

Yesterday afternoon I found a piece of junk mail floating in the downstairs toilet. I actually asked Donnie first if he'd actually dropped it in there (just to let you know that I started out giving Aidyn the benefit of the doubt!), but of course he hadn't. So we called Aidyn into the bathroom and asked her if she'd put the paper in the toilet. Initially she said she had, so Donnie had a little conversation with her about not putting things in the potty because that's yucky and it could block the toilet.
She responded with her first (to my knowledge) outright lie: "Um...but...I think Mommy did it."
The conversation quickly changed to a time out and a discussion about lying. I must admit though that during her time out Donnie and I were in the bathroom laughing as quietly as we could. How on earth do you keep a straight face through these things!?

No comments: