Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In Your Tummy

It never ceases to amaze me that Aidyn has such deep thoughts. Our conversation from breakfast this morning:
Aidyn: "I was the first baby in your tummy and Landon is the second one. Right?"
Me: "Yep, that's right."
Aidyn: "But AJ was never in your tummy. He was in his own mom's tummy. Right?"
Me: "Yep, he was."
Aidyn: "But then why does he live in our house? Are you his real mom?"
Me: [wondering how to answer that...especially the last part] "Well, remember, AJ's mom is sick and she can't take care of him. So we are taking care of him for right now. She will always be his mom, but I'm his mom, too."
Aidyn: "Oh. But. Um. Does he ever have to live with his mom? Because if he leaves I will really really REALLY miss him."
Me: "I don't know yet, honey. I would really really REALLY miss him, too, if he had to go home."
Aidyn: "But he's not adopted yet. Who should we adopt him to?"
Me: "Well, if he can be adopted I think WE should adopt him. Then he could be part of our Forever Family. What do you think?"
Aidyn: "Yeah!! That would be great. But maybe his mom would get better?"
Me: "Maybe. We will have to wait and see."
Aidyn: "Yeah. [brief pause] Can I have a taco shell for breakfast?"

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh my goodness. I teared up when I read the first part...and was pretty much dying of laughter at the end. Oh how I love her. =]