Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Reading

This morning Aidyn and I read all four accounts of Jesus' resurrection from the Gospels together (Donnie was already at church for the services) and she listened very attentively to each one. Every time one of the people said, "He is...," I would pause and let her say, "Risen!" It was so sweet to hear her help me read the Bible!

I didn't give any commentary or explanation, but I'm sure they have been learning the resurrection story in Sunday school over the last few weeks and I wondered what Aidyn had picked up. After the reading, I asked Aidyn: "What did you like best about the stories?"
She answered: "Well, I didn't like the part where the mean guys put Jesus in the different kind of cage. But I really liked when the angels came and helped him get out!"

Jesus is risen! Happy Resurrection Sunday to you all!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

amazing she sat that long, i could barely get mine to sit long enough for me to read them the Read A Loud bible stories part of Easter Sunday!