Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Aidyn's first official day of school (yes, I know it's only May and it's a Saturday, but we haven't taught her the calendar yet so we're good!). She really enjoyed using all of her new school supplies (scissors, glue stick, crayons, pointing finger, pencils) and made an art project for the first page of her school file that she entitled: "The Boat" (I guess if you squint really hard....)


Here are a few pics of her first day:

Writing her name with the big pencil.



Using scissors with such small hands is really hard!! (She is so patient and only asks for help when she's tried hard to make it work herself. We will practice lots with scissors!)



I think the glue stick was probably her favorite part. I love how intently she works on a project.


We worked on this "practice" project and learned about the light and darkness that God created on the first day. She made the first page of a creation book by coloring half the page with a black crayon and the other half with a white crayon (she didn't think that one worked too well :-). She got to glue on a big number "1" and a sentence about God creating the light and the darkness. Over two hours later as I type this post she remembers what God created on the first day ("The dark and the light") and the first two verses of the creation song we're learning this week (she seriously remembers it better than I do...hmmm...maybe Mommy needs preschool??).

We had a great time and I'm looking forward to these times with her over the next days, weeks, months, years...who knows??!! What have I gotten myself into?? LOL!

No comments: