Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bedtime Stalling

Aidyn's bedtime stalling has not been a recent development. I've blogged about it before here and here and here. Last night she tried again over an hour after she was put down for bed.

Aidyn [calling down from upstairs]: "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?"
Daddy: "Yes, Aidyn?"
Aidyn: "Um. Well. Um. I have to tell you something."
Daddy: "What is it?"
Aidyn: "Um. Well. Did you know I'm not reading books anymore?"
Daddy: "Ok, Aidyn. Now get back in bed. Good night."

Then several minutes later...
Aidyn [calling down from upstairs]: "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?"
Daddy: "Yes, Aidyn?"
Aidyn: "Um. Well. Um. I have to tell you something."
Daddy: "It better be really important because you're supposed to be sleeping."
Aidyn: "Um. Well. Um. Did you know that you didn't put the toilet paper back on the roll thingy?"
Daddy: "Yes, Aidyn. Now get back in bed or you'll be in trouble."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow! She sounds like her daddy when he was younger....except instead of saying.."I want to tell you something"...he would say "Did you know?....and begin to tell me before I could respond!
Enjoy...because there is more to come! :)