Saturday, February 27, 2010

Broken Heart

The other night there was a change in plans regarding going to "Miss Jessie's House" which is Aidyn code for going to our Journey Group. Aidyn was devastated by this change in plans since going to Miss Jessie's House is the highlight of her week. She went to Daddy and asked for his phone so she could send a tearful text message to Nana and tell her all about her disappointment. Daddy opened the text message to Nana and Aidyn looked for the faces to send by text. Suddenly she pointed to one of the faces and said, "This is what my Mommy did to my heart." We looked and she was pointing to the broken heart icon, the saddest look ever on her little face. As if that weren't enough, she began texting Nana and dictating out loud what she was typing: "I hope my Mommy will give me a fixed heart. She broke my heart. That wasn't nice of her to do. I hope she doesn't do that again." I'm not sure where Aidyn learned about broken hearts, but she sure knows how to break mine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wish she'd called papa