Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How Much?

Lately Aidyn has been trying to quantify her love for us or our love for her in terms of numbers. She does this with other things, too, but the love ones are the cutest, in my opinion. Today the discussion went like this:
Aidyn: "Mom, do you love me?"
Me: "Yes, baby, more than you will ever know?"
Aidyn: "How many? Like sixteen?"
Me: "No, like eighty-five kabillion, nine hundred million, three thousand nine hundred and ninety five zillion."
Aidyn: "Wow. That is a lot. Do you know how many I love you?"
Me: "How many?"
Aidyn [obviously searching for the biggest numbers she knows, I thought]: "Thirteen, eleven, sixteen."
Me: "Wow. That is a lot. How much do you love Daddy?"
Aidyn: "Thirteen, eleven, sixteen."
Me: "The same? Really?"
Aidyn: "Yes. But do you know how much I love God?"
Me: "How much?"
Aidyn: "Like billion million kazillion and thirteen. At least."

No comments: