Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Voice Doesn't Work Down Here

Aidyn has been struggling with, well, being a preschooler. She has had some several weeks of consistent disobedience in the evenings after we pick her up from the babysitter's and I think she's just trying to figure out how to transition her day. But, my philosophy of child development aside, here's what happened today.

After her time out this afternoon for disobeying Daddy, he went over to talk to her about it. He told her that we don't disobey and she said "Yes, Daddy," and they hugged and everything was all good. Then Aidyn said, "Daddy I need to tell you something. I need to tell you in my room." Donnie answered that he didn't really want to go upstairs right now and that she could just tell us right down here. Then she said, "But my voice doesn't work down here. It only works in my room." When he laughingly said, "That sounds like a problem," she responded, "Yeah, it's breaking into little pieces."

(And as an aside...Aidyn is sitting here while we talk about blogging this story and she keeps saying, "Yeah, that's what I said!" Donnie asked her if we had left out any parts and she said, "Yeah. You have problems.")

2 comments:

Eric Wentz said...

I love reading your entries. What a great idea! You are certainly blessed with a sweet, intelligent child.

Kathy said...

Oh, this is just too cute. Hard to not laugh out loud at this one!