Friday, December 4, 2009

These Toilets Are Not American?

Aidyn is terrified of the toilets that flush themselves. She is always scared that they're going to flush while she's still going potty, so she always checks before she will go on any public toilet whether it is self-flushing or not. Recently we were at a Perkins that had traditional toilets and she asked me, "Do these ones flush by themselves?" When I told her that they did not she replied, "These toilets are not American?" It took me a minute to understand what she meant but once I got it I replied (while trying to keep myself from laughing), "No honey, these toilets are not automatic."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

dash also hates them, and something that i read in a parenting magazine that has helped is to bring along post it notes and cover the sensor while they are sitting and then they wont flush on them :)