Thursday, June 3, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Moms

My side of the conversations with Aidyn this morning:

"No, please, this is my breakfast. You already ate your breakfast. Because this is my oatmeal. Ok, fine, here is the rest of the bowl."

"Please quit screaming, your baby brother is sleeping. Yes, I know you are just pretending to be scared. Ok, well then you can just scream quietly."

"No we can not jump over the back of the couch. Because it isn't safe. Yes, I know I don't let you have any fun. I'm sorry, honey, the answer is still no."

"No, the fixer man cannot live here. Because he has a house somewhere else. But then where would you sleep? No, I don't think that would work. No, you may not go in the kitchen and ask him if he would like to move in."

"Why didn't you finish this oatmeal? I knew you weren't hungry. Because you already ate before I did. Can I finish my own oatmeal now that it is cold? Ok, thanks."

"STOP JUMPING OVER THE BACK OF THE COUCH!"

"That is not true. No it isn't, I let you have fun all the time. I just would rather not watch you break your neck today. No, not tomorrow either."

"No, thank you. Because this is my lunch and you already ate yours. Well, you still have noodles of your own if you are still hungry. No, your noodles are not more yuckier than mine. Remember the oatmeal from this morning? I am going to eat my own lunch now please."

"Time for a nap!!!"

1 comment:

laura said...

This is so funny!! Sometimes I can't believe the things that come out of my mouth either!!