Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wish

Yesterday Aidyn watched me shave my legs. I usually shave during the 10 minutes I'm alone in the shower, but this time it couldn't be avoided and I needed a quick shave. I'm pretty sure she hasn't ever seen me shave before, but she's seen Daddy shave a lot. So there were a lot of questions: "Why do you have to shave? (because I want to wear shorts) Do you shave your face? (nope...only boys) Daddy doesn't shave his legs. (no, just his face) Can I help you shave your legs? (no thanks) Can I shave my legs? (no way) WHEN can I shave my legs? (well, a razor is sharp like a knife, so when you're bigger) Can I shave my face then? (no...you're not a boy) How about I just hold the part that's not sharp for you? (no thanks)"

Fast forward about 6 hours. We were shopping in the mall with my mom and Aidyn saw a wishing fountain. She asked Mamie for a penny and threw it in. She turned to Mamie and said, "Wanna know what I wished for? To shave." I'm pretty sure that wishing fountain is broken because that wish isn't coming true anytime soon!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It just gets better and better!

Sam said...

She is WAY too cute!!!!

C said...

Hilarious! B often stands outside the shower while I'm in there, and her favorite part is when I shave my legs, because she rubs her hand on my leg where the shaving cream is and then runs off with it. I've yet to figure out exactly what she does with it, though I have seen her rub it on her face occasionally:)