Sunday, June 6, 2010

That Jesus Song

On the way home from church tonight we were listening to K-LOVE on the radio and Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) by Chris Rice came on. Aidyn was sad because we had to leave Daddy at church to finish up a few things and she had been crying but stopped when the song came to, "Cry to Jesus." We got home a few minutes later and I noticed she was still looking pretty sad. I asked her if she was still missing Daddy and she nodded, then asked, "Why does that song tell us to cry for Jesus?" I explained that it said cry to Jesus, which I think means that when you're sad you can tell Him everything and He will listen. Then she put her little lower lip out and said, "I think I might cry again." I assured her that it is always okay to cry and knelt down to hug her and she just sobbed, "That Jesus song made me tear up!."

No comments: