Sunday, June 6, 2010

She'll Always Be in Our Hearts

Kassie is officially with her Forever Family and we are so excited for her. Although we will miss her, she will do well living with her family. Probably no one will miss her more than Aidyn. They have become wonderful little friends and sisters so I was afraid what kind of loss Aidyn might feel. We have been talking about this day from the moment Kassie came to live with us, but I just wasn't sure if I had prepared her well enough. I gave Aidyn the news about Kassie's leaving on Thursday and here's how it went:

Me: "Aidyn, I just wanted to tell you that it's almost time for Kassie to go live with her Forever Family. She is going to move on Saturday. Isn't that great news?"
Aidyn: [puts her head down sadly] "I will really miss her though." [thinks a moment and then looks up brightly] "BUT, she will always be in our hearts!"

I guess all of the preparing did sink in at least some. Now we'll have to see how the next few weeks go without her playmate. I already read her six books at bedtime tonight, so I'm enjoying the extra snuggle time with my big girl!!

1 comment:

Ruth Christison said...

You have done amazing with Aidyn on this hard time of loss in her life. She is so wise beyond her years and her faith is a blessing. Any child who comes through your doors and leaves again will have been touch with God's love.