Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disney Tapes

I can't believe they still work! These are the Disney books on tape that I listened to as a child. I know they were played over and over and the copyright date on them is 1978, so I was surprised that they still worked when I found them in Aidyn's closet tonight.

I put the Pinocchio tape in for Aidyn and gave her the book. I showed her how to turn the pages when the chime sounds on the tape (ah! the memories!) and sort of sat back and watched her discover. She caught on very quickly and turned the pages at all the right times...spellbound! She went on to listen to The Three Little Pigs, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, and would have just kept listening all night except it was time for bed. I'm so excited to share more of these stories with her. Maybe I'll try to put them on cd to preserve the audio, but either way these 30-year-old tapes will bring joy to another generation. All Aidyn could say was: "That's pretty cool!"

2 comments:

Bethann said...

That is totally awesome!!!

Sarah Jane said...

Aw...I LOVED those tapes! Im glad they still work!