Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Am A VERY Good Big Sister

This week we welcomed our first foster care placement into our home. Hailie Rose is 7 weeks old and is a really wonderful baby. We didn't get too much preparation time for Aidyn, that being the nature of foster care, but we were fortunate to have three days to prepare her for having a new baby in the house.
We picked Hailie up on Monday and right from the beginning Aidyn has been very helpful (sometimes too helpful, but what can you do?!) We have provided lots of encouragement to Aidyn about being a good big sister and she has really taken that to heart. I was a little worried about her being jealous when I need to hold Hailie but she has surprised me with very frequent, "Mommy, Hailie needs you to hold her."
Her favorite new saying, though, is: "I am a VERY good big sister!" And she's right!

2 comments:

Bethann said...

That is awesome!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

C said...

How wonderful! I remember you mentioning getting a room ready in order to foster, and then I just saw Don's status about the girls being sick and thought "Wait, what?":)
Such a cool thing you're doing!