Thursday, November 13, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese Fish

A couple of days ago Tracy, Aidyn, and I were at Wal-Mart (Lord help 'em) and Aidyn was really getting bored. Eventually we got to that point. If you have a kid you know what I mean. It's the I'm-sick-and-tired-of-sitting-in-this-cart-and-I-want-to-do-something-else-NOW point. Truth be told I was getting bored too. So I did what we always did when Aidyn was ready to go and we still had some things to pick up- we went to look at the fish in the pet section. Aidyn always loves looking at all the different fish.

When we got to the fish tanks she immediately spotted one that she really liked. "Ooooh look at those fish daddy!" she said. I saw the tank of fish she was looking at and thought this would be a great teaching experience. So as I was getting ready to tell her that those fish are Albino or Golden Tiger Barbs.....they are a color morph of the regular Tiger Barb from Indonesia and Sumatra ......this fish doesn't exist in the wild.......it was bred specifically for aquarists.....they are schooling fish so we'd have to by at least 6.........she interrupted my thought process by excitedly stating "Wooow that's a macaroni and cheese fish!" And I just laughed hysterically. Well take a look. Why isn't that named the Macaroni and Cheese Barb?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, sometimes we need to just let the little ones remind us of the "simple" ways in life! LOL
This is a cute one. Made me laugh!
Thanks for sharing.

Dan Mingo said...

I can bet that they don't taste like MAc and Cheese though. Cute story.