Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brooklyn and Headsprout

Aidyn loves an online learning game from www.headsprout.com (which by the way is on sale for half off to anyone with kids still learning to read!--there's even a 3-lesson trial. It's a bit pricey, but we think totally worth it!) and we try to play what she calls "Spaceship Game" at least every other day. Our friends Jay and Cara have a new baby, Brooklyn, and a beautiful blog that shows how Brooklyn is growing. One day a few weeks ago we went online to play her game and I showed her Brooklyn's picture in their blog. I think an immediate friendship was born! Now each day before we play her game, I'll say, "Want to play Spaceship Game?" and she'll reply, "Yeah, but first we have to see the baby!"

I told Cara about Aidyn's fascination with Brooklyn and she (very sweetly) posted a shout out to Aidyn, a really cute picture of Brooklyn holding a sign that says, "Hi, Aidyn!" So, today I was very excited to show her the blog before we played Spaceship Game. Aidyn woke up from her nap late and I told her that Brooklyn had a surprise for her--she was very excited!

We went online, went to the blog, and I showed her the shout out. I showed her that the sign said, "Hi, Aidyn," and that Brooklyn and her mommy made that picture just for her. I explained that it was very special and very nice of them to send a message to her. I told her that Brooklyn lives really far away, all the way out by Uncle Dennis in California. Then I told her it was pretty cool, right? She looked at it for a minute and just said, "Oh. Let's play Spaceship Game!"

1 comment:

C said...

Hilarious:) I've had fun catching up on your blog today now that I know about it -- Aidyn's sayings remind me of Ellis, the little girl I nannied for in Dallas. So fun!:)
I love how nonchalant her response to seeing the picture was:)
~ Cara