Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Have an Owie

First of all, note the time of this post. Yeah, that's right, 4:10am. Ok, now the post:

When we put Aidyn down to sleep at night we turn on her fan, a cd (of either stories or songs), and a little lamp. The lamp and stories turn back off after about 15-20 minutes, but she's usually asleep before then. Sometimes, if she wakes up in the middle of the night, all it takes is to turn the cd and lamp back on and she's asleep again with no problem, then they turn themselves off after a little while. Obviously tonight is not one of those nights!

Tonight she woke up and I went in her room to give her a little reassurance. I noticed that she has a stuffy nose and figured that's what had her up in the night. I even changed her diaper, thinking maybe that was bothering her. Then I turned on her light and her songs and quietly stepped out of her room. She was quiet for a few moments (you know, just enough time for me to snuggle back under my covers and get almost asleep--about 15-20 minutes) and then began crying, "I have an owie! I have an owie! I have an owie!"

Concerned that something truly serious had awakened her tonight, I got up and went back in her room, listening to "I have an owie!" all the way there. I opened her door and she stopped crying after one last pitiful "I have an owie!" I went by her bed and asked her, "What's owie, Baby?"

Her reply: "My light and my music turned off!"

I think the first fable we'll have to learn is The Boy Who Cried Wolf!

2 comments:

sandlegirl81 said...

That's awesome! Hilarious! Well, to a two year old, that is an owie!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say about that is: "I have a headache in my tummy."