Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friends

I have really been loving how Aidyn is growing in her friendships with other kids her age. Last night we were at church for a Financial Peace University class and afterwards we stopped by the Middle School Ministry kickoff event to share the rest of the cookies I made for our FPU group (since I have such a big butt!). We were sitting in the chapel listening to what was definitely NOT night-night music and her friend Beckham came by. He saw Aidyn and said, "Wait!" then ran off. Aidyn and I just kind of looked at each other, and then she turned her attention back to the music videos on the big screen.

A few seconds later Beckham returned with his two sisters, Leia and Lexi, and yelled, "Look! It's Aidyn guys!" and then it was just a big jumble of hugs all around. They took off running through the empty chapel and played a sort of follow-the-leader game between all the rows of chairs.

I just watched and thought about the importance of friendships in Aidyn's life. My prayer for her is that she'll continue to develop quality friendships--some friends who will speak into her life as she grows up. Right now if you ask her who is her favorite friend, she'll reply, "Lexi. And Daddy." I hope that we can always be some of her favorite friends without sacrificing our responsibility to her as parents.

No comments: